The talented 1st Lady of Hip-Hop Cindy Campbell is the catalyst for the humble beginnings of Hip-Hop. Cindy had the vision to organize a back to school party. Little did she know that her Back to School Party was to become known as The Beginning of Hip-Hop. This establishes her as the first Hip-Hop Promoter.
It was her Back to School Party, which she promoted on August 11th, 1973 that her famous brother The Legendary Founder of Hip-Hop DJ Kool Herc, DJ'd in the recreation room at 1520 Sedgwick Avenue in the West Bronx. As a Graffiti writer, her tag name was PEP-1 (174.) She was also a B-Girl. Cindy has worked along-side her brother’s involvements throughout the years. In 1984 she negotiated his Hollywood debut role where, DJ Kool Herc portrayed himself in the movie “Beat Street” produced by Harry Belafonte, David Picker and Directed by Stan Lathan.
In 2007, Cindy and DJ Kool Herc contributed to having 1520 Sedgwick Avenue housing remain affordable. 1520 Sedgwick Avenue is recognized by the United States of America Congressional Records Proceedings and Debates of the 110th Congress First Session.
Cindy’s business management knowledge allows her to create successful opportunities and negotiates vital contracts for DJ Kool Herc and other artists. She has developed the capabilities to execute multiple skills. She also lectures at speaking engagements on the History of Hip-Hop on how it all started and about her involvement in it.
Cindy continues to encourage and work together with her Legendary Historian brother, DJ Kool Herc. She stipulates an informative historical evolution on Hip-Hop Culture of the past, present and future. She is always scouting for The Next Vision of the future.
* The Source Magazine 50th collectors issue front cover was put together by her.
* Assisted in coordinating DJ Kool Herc’s photoshoot spread in the Vanity Fair Magazine, 2005 October music issue, along with other countless magazines, newspapers interviews articles, performances, and television appearances.
* Extensive background in the Fashion Industry as a Fashion Model.
* Worked with many top fashion designers.
* Holds a degree from the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York.
* A former Miss Black America Beauty Pageant Contestant.
* Licensed cosmetologist.
* Acquired her esthetician license with the prestigious Christine Valmy International School of Skin Care and Make-Up
* Holds a Real Estate License with the State of New York.